Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Can My Dog Come with me to Run Errands?

*This is the rule of thumb I use if I want to take one of my dogs with me in the car any time of year, not just in the Summer: 
1. Can my dog come in with me everywhere I am going? 
2. Is there any chance my dog would have to wait in the car while I go inside? 
If the answers to these questions are 1. No, 2. Yes, then I leave my dog home where I know he will be safe and happy.
Dogs (and children) CANNOT be left in your car while you run into the grocery store for a couple of items. All it takes is a few minutes in a hot car for any living thing to expire. Be kind to your pets...when in doubt leave them home.

*I know most of you know this and it seems like common sense, but I would hate for someone to lose a pet because they had never heard this before. 

No comments:

Post a Comment